The subject line of this post is from my absolute favorite Drake song. I love this line because it reminds me to take life a little less seriously and to stop beating myself up for choices I made in the past–so that I can focus on my goals in the present. Also it makes me want to whip my ponytail around in a sassy way. Oh Drake, you get me.
Aside from the above Drake lyric, I use lots of mantras and sayings to help me move through moments of discomfort.
Mantras help stop our thoughts in their tracks–so that we create new neural pathways in our brain that help us create more peace and happiness in our lives. Essentially, the negative thoughts we have on repeat in our brains are like bad habits, and mantras help us break them. Here are some of my favorite mantras. Use these and feel better!
- The person next to me isn’t attainable; only my best possible self is attainable. (my yoga teacher said that once)
- I accept the things I cannot change. (from the Serenity Prayer)
- I love myself more than obsessing about this past/future situation/person.
- What if we decided to never wonder about what could have happened? We’re missing what’s happening when we do. (from Grace Smith)
- I can see peace instead of this (from Gabrielle Bernstein)
- I am safe.
These mantras/sayings give me so much comfort throughout the day.